Friday, October 2, 2009

Some good good Rick lovin' straight from Paris

All I can say is 'wow.' Yesterday was day two of glorious fashion week in Paris, and man did designers come out with guns blazing! The first day was a sad dismal showing that did not make me feel the least bit hopeful, but then came my knight in shining armor Mr. Rick Owens himself! This season Rick decided to show his many cult followers that you can be edgy and interesting and still be pretty. Sign me up! The silhouettes were very architectural and origami inspired, and felt a little more couture than the usual rocker/biker chick aesthetic that Rick Owens is known for. I'm totally curious how his pieces are going to translate to actual ready-to-wear. Here are my personal favorite looks from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment