Thursday, October 15, 2009

Come and knock on Louis Vuitton's door...

Let me preface this by saying, I LOVE MARC JACOBS. I think the man is a genius and makes beautiful lovely clothes, however I was uber disappointed by the recent Louis Vuitton show. Don't get me wrong I think the clothes and the styling were great, if this was a Marc by Marc Jacobs show. The clothes were fun and light and wearable. But let's get something straight, this is Paris, and Louis Vuitton is a powerhouse in the French luxury market, instead of sophisticated and polished the collection was just too relaxed. The presentation felt very L.A. "Three's Company." I'm not sure if Marc has bee spending too much time watching reruns, and suddenly felt possessed by the spirit of Mr. Roper, but I'm a bit confused. Now I know Louis Vuitton shows are not the same as a John Galliano show, but I expect more fantasy with my whimsy when it comes to Vuitton. Normally we would see near couture fashion from Vuitton, but this was not the case. I understand that in this economy, designers are trying to be more accessible and practical because retail is a business, but let's be honest when has anyone ever used practical and Louis Vuitton in the same sentence?! As a luxury brand people expect LUXURY! This felt very repetitive, go on Mr. Jacobs, no more "Three's Company,"
take a step that is new.
Here are my faves:

No comments:

Post a Comment