Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh Balmain...let me count the ways

Christophe Decarnin is a man after my own heart! You see I live in a mythical world where I think it is completely acceptable to wear sequins in the day time, and 4 1/2 inch Louboutins to a baseball game. The newest show for Balmain, the monarchs of said sequin world, did not fail to impress. The show was very classic military meets roman warrior princess, after battle. The tees were tattered and strewn with sparkle, the jeans...ripped to shreds. The strong shoulder Balmain has become known for was still there, front and center, and felt right at home placed within the military jackets that marched down the runway. I will say this show felt a bit staid, in comparison to Balmain shows of the past, and I was hoping for something fresher from Mr. Decarnin but all in all there were certainly some lust-worthy pieces that I would fight for. And yes I did stick in a picture of my girl crush, front row at the Balmain show...I couldn't help myself!

1 comment:

  1. The seventh look you have here is my dream look. I. Want. To. Hump. It.

    ReplyDelete